We are delighted to announce a £3 million investment from a leading UK growth capital investor, BGF.
Our technology enables businesses of all sizes to protect business data and effectively manage information security compliance against standards such as ISO 27001 and SOC. Hicomply gives companies the tools to build their information security management system (ISMS), which secures data and reduces risk in the supply chain and the threat of data breaches and associated fines.
The funding will allow us to accelerate growth through investment in sales and marketing, as well as continue to develop our market-leading technology.
Commenting on the deal, Hicomply, CEO Ed Bartlett said: “The rapid acceleration of digital transformation in a remote working world and the consequent increased cyber risk has seen data security rising to the top of the agenda for many businesses. We’re ideally placed to support SMEs to improve governance and protect their people, operations, and intellectual property assets.
“We were looking for an investor with a strong track record in our sector but one who also understood our business and could support a clear roadmap to achieve our long-term ambitions. With BGF’s backing, we can accelerate our own expansion and empower more businesses to access our technology, ensuring robust compliance.”
This is the third North East technology investment for BGF in the past 12 months, following its £14 million funding for tech-enabled procurement platform, Bloom and its investment in Stockton-based Datum360 last November.
Chris Boyes, an investor in BGF’s Yorkshire and North East team led the deal. He said: “The North East benefits from a rapidly growing tech sector with access to excellent talent because of the universities and global organisations based there.
“It’s fantastic to be backing another innovative business like Hicomply, which is making a positive impact in the region, creating jobs and economic growth, as well as improving the commercial prospects of the UK SMEs that its technology supports. We look forward to working with the team to achieve the company’s growth ambitions.”
A big thank-you to the advisors on the transaction:
- BGF: Schofield Sweeney LLP
- Hicomply: Cavu Corporate Finance, Weightmans LLP and Rycroft Glenton (tax).
- BGF was set up in 2011 and has invested £2.5bn in more than 400 companies, making it the most active investor in the UK.
- BGF is a minority, non-controlling equity partner with a patient outlook on investments, based on shared long-term goals with the management teams it backs.
- BGF invests in growing businesses in the UK and Ireland through its network of 16 offices.
- BGF models have now been set up in Canada and Australia, with other countries evaluating the opportunity to replicate this.
- Part of BGF’s investment in Hicomply comes from its recently launched UK Enterprise Fund (UKEF) established alongside Coutts, the private banking arm of NatWest, to provide clients with access to privately held, disruptive and diverse companies that are revolutionising their industries.
- www.bgf.co.uk / Social media: @BGFinvestments
- Founded in 2019, Hicomply is a B2B SaaS platform that automates information security compliance
- Hicomply’s technology simplifies the complex process of gaining and managing InfoSec compliance against leading standards including ISO / IEC 27001. With Hicomply, companies can secure their business and prove compliance to customers to aid tender processes.
- Hicomply helps businesses prepare for security audits in half the time and cost. It also provides a fully functioning ISMS from first login.